Monday, December 3, 2007

Session 3: Reflections on what I have learnt today.

Today's session started with Dr Quek asking ask what we know of the learning environment.

We then went on to learn about the historical beginnings of assessment of learning environment. We found out more about the researchers who worked on research on the learning environment through the ages and that was interesting for me. It makes the articles that I have read more relevant now that I know a little more their authors.

I learnt how to use the search engine called copernic.com which is useful for doing searches on education research and it should be useful in my study of the future modules.

Today's session also discussed two key issues: What to assess in the Learning Environment and How to assess the Learning Environment. We looked at the inter-relationship between Lewinian's formula and Murray's needs-press model. We also looked at Moos' scheme in 3 dimensions in the construction of instruments used in assessment of learning environment: Relationship, Personal development and System maintenance and system change

No comments: